DOHA, Qatar • 7 April 2020 - Gulf International Services (“GIS” or “the Group”; QE: GISS), one of the largest diversified services groups in Qatar with interests in oil and gas drilling, insurance, helicopter transportation and catering services, has announced today a new date to hold its 2019 Ordinary General Assembly meeting electronically through a conference call on 12 April 2020 at 2:00 pm, Doha Time.
In light of the precautionary and preventive measures taken by the Crisis Management Committee, including prohibition of conducting any activities and gatherings so as to avoid the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), and the specific approval received from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, it has been decided to hold the Ordinary General Assembly meeting of GIS via conference call. It should be noted that the Company has previously published a notice on 19th February 2020 convening its 2019 Ordinary General Assembly.
The quorum of the meeting will be met with the physical attendance of the parent shareholder (i.e. Qatar Petroleum (QP)) to conduct the proceedings of the meeting and the other shareholders can attend the meeting by joining the conference call remotely.
The details of the conference call are detailed as below:
Date: 12 April 2020
Time: 2:00 pm Doha Time
Qatar Toll-Free: 00 800 100 441
UK & International: +44 330 336 9104
USA Dial-in: +1 646 828 8195
Note: This will be an automated passcode entry conference, the dialer need to input the conference passcode followed by the hash / pound (#) sign when prompted.
The agenda of the Ordinary General Assembly meeting is detailed as follows:
- Listen to the Chairman's Message for the financial year ended December 31, 2019.
- Listen and approve the Board of Directors' Report on GIS’ operations and financial performance for the financial year ended December 31, 2019, and the plans of the company.
- Listen and approve the Auditors' Report on GIS’ consolidated financial statements for the financial year ended December 31, 2019.
- Discuss and approve GIS’ consolidated financial statements for the financial year ended December 31, 2019.
- Present and approve 2019 Corporate Governance Report.
- Approve the Board's recommendation for no dividend payment for the financial year ended December 31, 2019.
- Absolve the Board of Directors from responsibility for the year 2019.
- Appoint an external auditor for the financial year ending December 31, 2020 and approve their fees.
The 2019 GIS annual report and the presentation that accompanies the conference call will be posted on the publications page of GIS’s website.
For more information about the conference call, GIS can be contacted at:
- Phone: +974 4013 2088 or +974 4013 2080 or +974 4013 2534